Tuesday, September 23, 2014

College After Hours

If you were wondering what goes on at college at night, look no further. Right now it's 3 a.m., I have an amazing boyfriend fetching me more to drink, and an already filled out study guide for health that I probably won't read through again. Why you might ask am I still awake on a Monday night when I don't have class until 9:30? It's due to the fact that my i.d. may or may not be sitting on my bed in my dorm room. Hopefully, anyway. I'm not really positive where it is at this point. Luckily for me, at my school the side doors lock at midnight and boy's i.d.'s don't work on the main door after midnight. Brilliant. Times like this are when I miss my partner in crime who used to stay up with me all night at McDonald's at least once a week last year and then let me back into the dorm when I would forget my wallet.

However it makes me think about the things I'm going to remember years from now. I wonder if I'll remember the time I accidentally forgot my i.d. and my awesome boyfriend who loves his sleep willingly gave it up to spend the night with me camped out in McDonald's. If I was a cliche kind of person I would probably be saying YOLO right about now. As cheesy as that sounds, it kind of has some truth in it.

I mean sure, I probably could have gone to bed at ten instead of having a much needed talk with the boy and woken up an hour before my first class in order to get some extra studying in for my test, but nights like these are needed occasionally. Nights like these are the ones that I hope to remember one day.

So YOLO, seize the day, grab the bull by the horns, and whatever else stupid and cliche saying you'd like to hear. You may have had a great night of sleep, but I had a night that I can laugh about.

Or cry. Especially after my test.

Also, Luke says hi.


No comments:

Post a Comment