Saturday, May 28, 2016

Be anxious for nothing

Going from school to home is always a weird time of transitioning from me. I attend school eighteen hours away so I save trips home for Christmas and summer. This means that I spend four months at a time essentially on my own and deciding what I want to do with my days. While at school, my nights are usually fairly eventful. I like night drives, studying at coffee shops, and hanging out with friends until the wee hours. Here's where the transitioning comes in. Being at home means a lot of nights spent with my family at home. Not that I mind this at all! It's just strange to go from picking up and leaving to go to the lake at midnight to Psych marathons.

To be honest it makes me quite antsy. Camp starts in a few weeks and I know this means long nights with drives and friends and my man next to me but right now it's odd. I have to keep reminding myself to be still. I need to remember how little time my parents have spent with me over the last three years I have been away at school. On my ring finger I wear a ring with the words "Be anxious for nothing Phil 4:6-7". It's my constant reminder to stay in the moment. Long nights will come.

So if you struggle with not living in the moment as much as I do, let this be your reminder. Be anxious for nothing. Whether it be your friends are all up and getting married or everyone you know has graduated and left you behind; you're time will come. Right now you are exactly where you need to be. You won't get these days back.

No comments:

Post a Comment