Friday, January 15, 2016

New Semesters and New Beginnings

With the start of each semester the promise of fresh beginnings always follows. Personally, I love the uncertainty of how the next four months are going to turn out. Each semester has brought about different challenges and new relationships that have all helped me grow in some unpredictable way. This past one was all about a job I had wanted for two years, new friendships, a difficult roommate, and a long distance relationship. However, about halfway through and I start longing for new classes, new professors, and the feeling of starting over again. It always seems to hit around the same time for me. Classes are going great and then out of the blue my heart starts willing for the semester to end.

This semester I want it to be different. I don't want to count down the days but instead focus on the ones I have left. Being a second semester junior means I have three semesters left in college. Judging by how quickly the last one went, I can only imagine the next few will only go faster.

I don't always struggle with this. It's usually when I'm taking certain classes that just don't seem to appeal to me. Of late this was chemistry. Six weeks into chemistry and I was drawing new bonds I liked to call "Olive Bonds" on my desk. This came to be when my lab partner and I understood about as much of the vegetable as we did about whatever bond we were learning about at the time.

So if you are in the same boat as me; I hope you take a step back with me. Together we can embrace each new weekday in the classroom as a fantastic learning opportunity. I hope you take that elective you want, spend too much time wandering around new streets, and go to bed at a decent time during final's week. I hope all of the other semesters don't even come close to how awesome this one is going to be. You got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment